Top Photography Gear + Tips from Our Experts
Top Photography Gear + Tips from Our Experts
Capture your travel memories with the best gear and equipment available on your next journey abroad.
Chances are, you like to bring something more than a smartphone with you to document your travels. Let us help you fill out your kit with these gear recommendations, from the simplest of lens cleaners to the camera that safari photographers use. Plus, we share 6 tips to help you shoot like a pro on your next trip.
BEST CAMERA FOR CAPTURING WILDLIFE (AND EVERYTHING ELSE)
This full frame beauty features 45.7 megapixels with 9 frames per second continuous shooting, with 4K video and slow motion abilities, with the power to make 8K and 4K time-lapse movies. Nikon’s D850 has the lowest ISO (64) of any DSLR or mirrorless camera, and with a tilt touch screen and excellent battery life, can compete with the most modern cameras available today. But it’s not only our favorite because of all these tech specs! We are huge fans of wildlife photographer David Yarrow, and knowing he has one of these in his kit inspires us to emulate such a talented eye.
BEST CAMERA BAG FOR CARRYING ON THE SLY
If you call yourself a photographer, you need the bag to back it up. But international travel isn’t the friendliest to giant camera packs that shout “expensive goods inside” and whose techy parts don’t squeeze well under the seat in front of you. Enter the Dalston bag from F-Stop. This sleek pack features side-access pockets and enough capacity for all day adventures, while looking like nothing more than a commuter bag. Fit your passport, 13” laptop, DSLR, book, water bottle, and rain jacket inside with no problems.
TOP TOOL FOR CAPTURING MOMENTS LIKE A PRO
Carbon Fiber Manfrotto Tripod
The more serious photographers among our readers will enjoy the carbon fiber Manfrotto tripod. Weighing only 2.4 pounds, this compact tool is our go-to for capturing low light moments, like the sun setting over your safari tent, long exposures such as star trails, or capturing the perfect blur on waterfalls in remote destinations around the world.
MUST-HAVE ITEM FOR EVERY PHOTOGRAPHER'S KIT
We love simple essentials, and this lens pen is one of them. Slip one of these in your pack for on the go touch-ups using the carbon cleaning compound and ultra soft natural brush. With no fluids required, you’ll clean dust and water spots off your lenses with ease. The best part? You’ll look like a pro while everyone else uses their shirt sleeves to smudge-clean their gear.
PROTECT YOUR GEAR IN ANY WEATHER
Peak Design Camera Shell
Stand up to the elements with this waterproof shell for your camera. With 4-way stretch and different sizes for your specific gear, this is one of the best shells available to ensure nothing comes between you and a good photo. Want even easier access to your camera? Look at Peak Design’s other accessories, like their handy shoulder clip to keep your camera accessible in any environment.
6 TOP TRAVEL TIPS FROM OUR EXPERTS
1. Before you leave home, make sure that your batteries are fully charged and your memory cards are clean and ready to GO. It’s a good idea to always make sure you have more memory than you think you will need.
2. Pack all your camera gear in your carry on bag so that it fits under the seat in front of you. You’ll want room in your camera bag for other day pack essentials, like a change of clothes, water bottle, snack, and travel documents.
3. It’s a good idea to pack all your camera gear in dry bags so you never need to worry about water spilling or worry about weather. If you have a weather resistant backpack like the F-Stop Dalton, you’ll be set.
4. Before you head out on your daily adventure, think through the day and the images you might be capturing. That way you can start out the day with the lens you think you will use the most to cut down on lens changes.
5. Never erase images while traveling. If you can, always wait until you get home and can see them on the full screen.
6. Most important of all—take time for yourself to view the moments unfolding in front of you with your own eyes instead of always being behind the lens.
Outside GO is an adventure travel company with decades of experience. We'd love to help you plan your next trip. Rest assured it will be authentic, stylish, and built around your wildest dreams.
MAKE AN INQUIRY
GO Photography Gear and Tips
Once you submit your form, we'll get back to you with ideas, options, and logistical insight to begin planning the trip of your dreams. It's as simple as that.